The logistics specialist will proivde on-site logistic support for FLCJ JRB New Orleans.
PERFORMANCE SHALL INCLUDE:
- Monitor and control movement of material and parts.
- Review production schedules and discuss with government point of contact.
- Compile weekly reports of quantity and type of material on hand.
- Produce reports, both orally and in writing, identifying problems, recommending solutions and present alternative solutions.
- Move / transport material from deliver/staging points to centralized locations for customer issue.
- Receive material daily process receipts to update inventory records.
- Prepare and sort source documents.
- Identify and interpret data to be entered into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Hold associated ERP roles for various logistics roles.
- Prepare document /requisitions requiring use of ERP system.
- Maintain and track all procurement and receipt documentation.
- Receive, inspect and sign for material delivered within 10 minutes of arrival.
- Post receipts to update inventory records within 1 hour of receipt.
- Maintain satisfactory records, and acceptable progress towards accomplishing logistics planning, utilizing and preparing various electronic reports, including spreadsheets, for requisitioning, tracking and statistical data.
- Prepare Electronic Turn-in Documents (ETID) for DLA Disposition Services.
- Operate government owned material handling equipment (MHE), such as forklifts 4K-20K and pallet jacks.
- Perform daily pre-operational maintenance checks and inspections on forklift prior to operating, loading, offloading and staging of material and equipment.
- Understand and develop key milestones, spreadsheets, schedules, as dictated.
- Technical expertise to perform a wide variety of supply logistics skills:
- Understanding of storage plans
- Excellent working knowledge of supply systems, programs policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals.
- Broad knowledge of NAVSUP policy and procedures.
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- High skill level to utilize automated databases, technical manuals, specifications
- Excellent written and oral communications skills to prepare reports as required.
- Working knowledge of ERP supply principles and programs.
- Working Knowledge of NALCOMIS data base.
- Proficient in typical ILS application programs relating to requisition processing and related databases, such as ROMIS-MMS, One-Touch, WEBFLIS, Haystack, Fed Log, ERP, AWAS, and CDMD-OA.
- Through working knowledge of major supply system functions (including requisitioning, receipt and issue control).
- Work with a high degree of independence.
- OSHA Forklift
- MHE certified training
- Medical Exam certificate
- Current and Active SECRET with SSBI minimum