Personnel Security Specialist (PSS) III
The Personnel Security Specialist, Senior’s primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, track, and monitor security clearance processing activities with appropriate government personnel to achieve appropriate clearance actions
- Advise senior officials on personnel issues affecting the Center
- Assist in defining, interpreting, and implementing program security policy within the Center. Provides security policy interpretation concerning the Special Access Program Nomination Process (SAPNP).
- Reviews and comments on security operating instructions, security plans, guides, and various security related correspondences.
- Manages and administers security awareness and education programs.
- Directly supports government program offices and Program Security Officers in the development, execution and implementation of personnel security issues.
- Participates in Air Force SAP security compliance inspections of government organizations and industry.
- Assist with researching, processing and completing visit notices and certifications; filing and maintaining visitor control files; escorting facility visitors.
- Conduct Defense Central Index of Investigations (DCII), Joint Personnel Access System (JPAS), and SAPNP reviews of candidates being submitted for SAP access
- Manage Special Access Program Nomination Process; prepare, process, and/or review Program Access Request (PARs) for accuracy and access eligibility
- Provides access recommendation to the Access Approval Authority.
- Perform data entry and record checks in the Joint Access Database Environment (JADE) and maintains all customer sponsored personnel access information current; maintain personnel security files IAW CAF guidance.
- Performs in brief of personnel based on approved PARs
- Generates reports
- Generate/execute/oversee corrective action plans
- Provides support to the Top Secret Control Officer
- Detailed knowledge of the Defense Security Service (DSS) clearance process and a keen understanding of the intelligence community and SAP processes
- Working-level knowledge of applicable security policy manuals, DCIDs, JAFANs, and other policy documents
- Working-level knowledge of the Electronic Personnel Security Questionnaire (EPSQ) software
- Basic understanding of DoD Contract Security Classification Specification (DD-254)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting a multi-level classified environment consisting of SCI and SAP activities; minimum 3 years or more of personnel security experience; to include recent experience within last
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years)
- Must complete the DoD SAPCO approved SAPNP training
- Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility, willingness to submit to Counterintelligence polygraph, and eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information.
- Working knowledge of SIMS, JADE, JPAS
- Ability to Multi-Tasking; ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Organizational, Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Oral and Written Communication and Listening Skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with military/civilian and industry personnel
- Possess a high degree of creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel in support of government mission requirements