Senior Copywriter J. Walter Thompson INSIDE New York
Who are we?
At JWT INSIDE, we believe that people join cultures, not companies. As a WPP company and a division of J. Walter Thompson, JWT INSIDE delivers authentic, actionable and strategically relevant employer brands, internal communications plans and recruitment advertising/media. Our mission is to connect the best candidates with the world's most dynamic companies to do groundbreaking work.
The New York Office is a growing team of passionate individuals who move fast. Many of INSIDE's new business pitches originate here, so those who are always on the lookout for new opportunities will thrive in this office. Our team is co-located with J. Walter Thompson New York and many other WPP agencies, so we often collaborate with other teams in the WPP network and participate in all their events. It's a busy, fast-paced place and would be a good fit for those who thrive in an environment where the hustle is constant.
Who are you?\
You’re a senior writer with at least 5-7 years of experience. You’ve mastered that whole “who vs. whom” thing. And on the way, you’ve helped shape brands’ voices, launched 360 campaigns, got your hands dirty writing copy and kept your sense of humor while doing it.
You equally comfortable thinking globally but can get tactical to help get the job done. You solve problems with your actions as much as your writing. In this role, you’ll get to work on a little bit of everything – consider this the seafood sampler of writing roles.
We’re looking for people who:
- Thrive under pressure
- Love to learn new things. Love to take on new challenges.
- Are comfortable with sweet, sweet ambiguity – flexibility is your friend here
- Stay organized
- Understand, mimic and expand multiple brand tones at a time
- Get in the heads of candidate audience
- Present their work with their whole hearts
- Work with designers and social strategists to conceptualize and create content
- Research, write, edit and proof all levels of copy including headlines and body copy.
Your experience includes:
- 5+ years of experience (agency-preferred)
- Writing for digital and traditional media
- BS degree in Journalism, PR, Communications or related field
- Experience managing communications from strategy through implementation
- Engaging and successful content examples
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law