Digital Strategist J. Walter Thompson Toronto
J. Walter Thompson is actively seeking a curious and collaborative Digital Strategist to join our Strategic Planning Team. Reporting to the Director, Digital and Social Strategy and the Chief Strategy Officer, this role will provide rigor to the content and platform strategies our brands depend on to connect with consumers.
This position is based in the Toronto office.
- Evaluate and provide POV on which platforms are priorities for each client and the reasons why.
- Evaluate and provide POV on the content that is being created and how.
- Identify and deliver on client KPIs, with an emphasis on web, digital media, eCRM and social media strategies.
- Develop consumer journeys and identify major touchpoints & their role within a go-to-market plan.
- Work closely with Analysts and Media Planners to recommend creative optimizations and identify new creative opportunities for a selection of clients.
- Consult with our technology team to bring to market products such as: apps, web/microsites.
- Take complex information from a variety of different sources and distill it to something actionable for the digital space.
- Leverage social data (sentiment, audiences, themes and trends) to generate “always on” content strategies.
- Provide recommendations and direction on social creative product to ensure they work for the user, the platform and our client, while maintaining the high caliber of creative output JWT is known for.
- Manage and execute monthly product deliverables (social dashboards, in market performance reports, etc.) in concert with Analysts and Account Managers.
- Partner with the Brand Planner to provide holistic strategies for our clients.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 4-6 years’ industry related (marketing/advertising/media) experience required.
- 2-3 years’ agency experience in the areas of digital and/or social media strategy required.
- Relevant experience in automotive, retail or financial services strongly preferred.
- Proven experience launching integrated campaigns with major digital deliverables into the market.
- Have an omnichannel approach to planning, but live and breathe "digital": know which direction to swipe on Snapchat, and the difference between a reply and thread on Twitter.
- Superior writing and presentation skills; proven experience writing and delivering a comprehensive brief or strategy.
- Demonstrated success building strong client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Self-starter who takes ownership and responsibility.
All resumes will be reviewed.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J. Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) is the world's best-known marketing communications brand & has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first to rocket a candy bar into space, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, the first to create an amphibious prosthetic limb, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.