Head of Social Strategy & Emerging Platforms J. Walter Thompson London
We are brand makers who have been pioneering and innovating for our clients since 1864. As a fully integrated and global creative agency, our firm belief is that that diversity of our talent delivers diversity of thought.
Our values of Courage, Curiosity, Creativity and Collaboration underpin everything that we do.
With a proud creative heritage and a talented, friendly team of employees, we continue to wave the flag of creativity. As a testament to this, J. Walter Thompson London was recently ranked as the 4th most creative agency in the 2017 Gunn report as well as the 3rd most awarded agency at the 2017 Cannes Lions.
We are privileged to partner an incredible group of clients and household brands including HSBC, KITKAT, Ribena, Rolex, Kelloggs, Avon, Treasury Wine Estates and Intercontinental Hotel Group
We are also industry leaders in Learning & Development initiatives. JWT London hold a record 8 IPA CPD Gold effectiveness awards and 5 Platinum awards for sustained professional development excellence.
Based in our Knightsbridge office with a large rooftop garden and a short walk to Hyde Park - it's a fantastic setting and a vibrant creative environment.
About the Role
As a creative agency that builds brands by reimagining their futures, we believe that the diversifying capabilities of social media are critical to integrate into our creative talents. For example supporting campaigns, acting as an always on channel fuelling fanbases, shortening and opening new channels of commerce and a means of generating and harvesting research data and beyond are all huge opportunities for us and our clients.
To be considered, there are some essentials that include:
- A deep knowledge and expertise of brand and response communications on social media.
- Expert knowledge of the capabilities of each social media channel/platform and how they could be combined with creativity and Creatives.
- Understanding and experience of planning social campaigns within the wider communications and marketing framework.
- A clear viewpoint on the future of social channels, both in the West and East.
- Extensive experience in the measurement of social media performance from comms to brand to behaviour to commercial, capable of building payback analyses.
- A clear point of view on social’s role and abilities in building brand fame.
- Interested in the dynamics of psychology and behavioural psychology and how they impact use of and expression on social platforms and be capable of integrating them into their work and briefs for Creatives.
- A point of view on the potential for social media to generate and harvest data, either for targeting, enhancing usage or recycling data.
Attitudinally, we want you to:
- Have a thick skin. You will need to be able to deal with lots of pushbacks and work that doesn’t result in solutions.
- Be infectious. Needs to shout loudly and petition to get social thinking throughout every account.
- Be a self-starter, to be proactive in spreading digital thinking and working throughout the agency and outside to wider audiences, e.g. marketing publications, conferences, etc.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be the agency authority on the potential of social media. This would mean educating and enthusing the agency with what social media with creativity can achieve. This would be engaging internal audiences, from creatives to strategists to account management to make them knowledgeable and enthusiastic about social media.
- Expertly write strategies using social media. This would include writing bespoke strategies for social media; writing strategies which incorporate social media into a wider comms ecosystem; liaising with media / creative / PR agencies in planning social media.
- Explore the potential of social media for clients, engaging them in how to experiment with what social can achieve
- Write measurement plans, design dashboards and report internally and externally on social media performance, from engagement to business effects.
- Have proven experience working within social strategies in a creative agency environment.
We welcome part-time, job share and flexible working arrangements and as an equal opportunity employer, all qualified people will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.