Lead Software Engineer/ Full Stack Developer Mirum Dallas
A Creative Technology team member, responsible for the high-quality delivery of a range of projects, utilizing your skills as a lead open stack software engineer. While this role is Node.js focused, this position will have many opportunities to collaborate with our PHP and .NET team to build multi-platform solutions.
What you do:
- Technically proficient and responsible for quality related to the design, build, implementation and delivery of the product.
- Execute the development of web software with a strong focus on the security, performance, and robustness of the system.
- Help perform code reviews for team members.
- Technically lead and mentor all members of the team setting standards and technical vision with the team.
- Works closely with the project manager / architect and also act as a guide to the team.
- Work collaboratively with all team members and groups within the organization.
- Act as a technical subject matter expert on the project and provide feedback on requirements and suggestions for improvement to the account and client teams.
- Articulate technical requirements, benefits and/or challenges to non-technical people in a manner that they can understand.
- Bring an understanding of fiscal responsibility, both to the agency and our clients.
- Leverage your experience to not only develop, but help guide creative technology solutions
- Look for ways to enhance/improve the quality of projects delivered to add value to the agency in the eyes of the client.
- Write both code-level (API) documentation as well as, when needed, project-level (user) documentation.
- Generate project estimates and LOEs.
- Play a part in planning releases with the goal of having little-to-zero end-user impact.
- Generate the appropriate design documents, wireframes and other forms of documentation to clearly represent the solutions being created
What you need:
- 5+ years of web development experience
- ECMA 6 (ES6)
- Object-oriented programming, design, and patterns (SOLID)
- Experience communicating directly with account and/or client teams and interpreting technical items in non-technical ways.
- Ability to communicate clearly under pressure
- Strong proficiency with:
- Relational database concepts and data modeling
- HTTP and caching methodologies
- Multi-node and load balanced applications
- Good proficiency with:
- The Linux/*nix platform
- Microservices architecture
- VCS (Bitbucket, Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Communications including RESTful services, SOAP, JSON, etc
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- PHP, .NET or Java
- Build tools (Phing, Ant, etc)
- Continuous integration/deployment tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc)
Mirum provides competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, and is headquartered in San Diego. This position is located in our Dallas office and candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to Dallas.
Please include your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.