Senior Strategist Mirum Minneapolis
A member of the Mirum Strategy team; the primary function of a Senior Strategist is to leverage industry and customer insights, strategic frameworks, and digital tactics for the purpose of developing actionable strategies that align with and help accomplish client goals.
The Senior Strategist will need to become familiar in all verticals of the digital industry that Mirum operates in (automotive, finance, CPG, healthcare, etc).
The Strategist is primarily responsible for collaborating with team members and client stakeholders to craft strategic approaches. The typical work includes primary research, insights development, competitive assessments, secondary research, roadmap development, digital forecasts, content planning, and more. This position may serve on one or more accounts or brands. The Strategist may also assist in business development work, supplying insight to proposal preparation and sales decks, developing proposals for strategic services engagements, and generally supporting sales.
What you do:
- Build and manage strong working relationships across the strategy team and Mirum’s other disciplines (analytics, creative, etc.)
- Develop deep understanding of client’s business objectives, goals and challenges.
- Design and conduct secondary research including but not limited to: industry trends, audience needs & behavior, competitive assessments, website/content audits, and digital ecosystem assessments.
- Design and conduct primary research in the form of discussion guides and interviews, survey panels, screeners, and questionnaires, intercept surveys, and focus groups.
- Research, gather and evaluate qualitative, quantitative, and competitive data to identify and validate opportunities and deliver these insights in a compelling and digestible way.
- Provide strategic insight, written briefs, and recommendations for clients and internal teams.
- Support new business and revenue opportunities by working with Sales and Account Service teams by providing research and strategic insight in support of client pitches/RFP responses.
- Actively seek and share knowledge of the latest digital strategy, marketing, content, media trends/events, and technology integration platforms.
Project Focus Areas
The Strategist will typically support the following types of client engagements:
- Brand definition and communication/messaging strategies
- Digital assessments and roadmaps
- Marketing strategy
- Content strategy
- Platform/Re-platform strategy
- Thought leadership
What you need:
The Strategist should have strong experience and familiarity with the following:
- Prior experience is required; 2+ years of internet, marketing, or consulting experience within a strategic role, at least 5+ years digital industry experience).
- Knowledge of the digital space: online advertising, online strategy, basic technology issues.
- Experience in gathering, analyzing, and applying secondary research.
- Experience in designing, analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative research data/results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills–augmented by strong presentation skills.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and capable of self-managing and multi tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to quickly understand new technology concepts.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PPT, and Keynote.
- Bachelor's degree.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy, flexibility and a sense of humor in a constantly evolving business environment.
- Ability to build relationships, both with clients and internal team members.
- Excellent listener with the ability to discern relevant information and articulate it appropriately to others.
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving abilities.
- A strong work ethic and career orientation; wants to learn, develop and attain new skill sets and improve.
- Values others and acts with integrity and respect.
- Ability to confront challenges or problems directly and honestly; must be able to handle difficult situations and conversations with grace.
- Ability to think and act appropriately “on their feet.”
- Has the ability to handle numerous assignments at once; is organized and thorough with professional follow through.
- Displays professional “polish”; executive presence and confidence.
Mirum provides competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k match, and is headquartered in San Diego. This position is in our Minneapolis office, and candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to Minneapolis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.