Senior Manager, Client Finance Mirum Shopper Chicago
What is Mirum Shopper?
We create experiences that shoppers want, and brands and retailers need. We represent the next generation of shopper marketing solutions for engaging the digitally savvy consumer. Mirum Shopper is part of the Mirum Agency’s new commerce activation platform, designed to change the way brands engage with consumers and shoppers. The platform combines tech, analytics, data, campaign planning, and creative services with social shopper, shopper engagement services, and the creation of original content – from branded videos to events, mobile and in-store platforms – to influence shoppers in new ways. And we’re looking for passionate people who want to help us make what’s next
The Mirum Shopper Chicago office is seeking a Senior Manager, Client Finance, to join the team. This role will report directly to the Director, Client Finance, with interaction and support to the corporate accounting team. This role will partner with agency business and operations teams and will include client interaction.
A Day in the Life:
- Partner with account/project management teams to ensure revenue forecasts, staffing plans, and agency pipeline are up-to-date and accurate
- Work closely with Client Finance Director to prepare and update revenue forecasting schedules and collaborate with client finance on budgeting and forecasting needs
- Communicate budget variances from a monthly and annual perspective to business teams and financial leadership
- Prepare monthly revenue entries and maintain internal month-end files
- Perform monthly reconciliation of client revenue accounts to the general ledger and provide explanation of changes/variances.
- Review and negotiate statements of work and client agreements as needed
- Accountable for preparing annual client fees and out-of-scope project fees in accordance with client rate cards
- Oversee receipt of client fee purchase orders and approved estimates, establish agency fee billing schedules in accordance with client contractual agreements, and monitor fee billing to ensure it remains within client approval parameters
- Ensure unbilled inventory and accounts receivables are within established client contractual credit parameters and investigate any issues that need to be addressed and resolved
- Design and Implement any client and/or product specific reporting needs
- Drive profitability by working with account teams to improve client and resource managemen
- Manage intercompany client balances and reporting
- Hold monthly status meetings with account teams on reconcilable accounts to review billing/labor hours/OOP costs, missing timesheets, etc.
- Prepare pricing of hours for fee estimates. Work needs to be timely, accurate, and adhere to client rate card parameters
- Work on ad hoc reporting requirements as requested by account, project management and finance
- Evaluate existing processes and make recommendations for further improvements
- Manage Senior Financial Analyst
- Assist Client Finance Director with WPP, JWT, audit, and other ad-hoc requests
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of advertising agency or client finance experience preferred
- Excellent Excel skills including pivot table, v-lookup, macros, SUMIF’s
- Sound business acumen and common-sense approach to problem solving
- Proven client service orientation including the ability to manage multiple client’s unique contract requirements
- Demonstrated financial management experience including development of financial projects, budgets, and resources
- Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- A positive attitude and ability to thrive in a fast-paced agency environment
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Position will interact with multiple agency departments and senior management
It is expected that you will perform additional duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed by the Company for the efficient operation of the Company. In addition, in order to adjust to changes in our business, it may become necessary to modify your job description, add to or remove certain duties and responsibilities, or reassign you to an alternate job position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.