Account Manager J. Walter Thompson New York
Account management today sits at the intersection of creativity and commerce. Account people not only have to appreciate great creative, they need to champion it. And the best way to champion it is to understand the business challenges and problems that our ideas will solve – and to help clients connect the dots. They need to be a “conductor” to help create pioneering work and navigate the complexity of marketing today – and in many ways, they need to be agents of change to reimagine the future.
Our Account Manager is accountable for the day-to-day management of our client business. The Account Manager is excited to contribute meaningful perspectives to marketing and communication strategies, while helping to shape the agency’s voice with the client.
A Day in the Life:
- Truly collaborate with Project Managers and Producers to manage agency projects from the earliest concept stage to finish and ensure all agency deliverables are flawlessly executed
- Partner with Planning team to collect, analyze and interpret existing business and consumer data from a variety of sources and translate into marketplace opportunities
- Cultivate a nuanced understanding of the client’s business, including issues they face, industry trends and how their competitors behave
- Apply your understanding of the strategic role of each communication channel to think holistically about communication solutions
- Work closely with account team, talent and business management to understand, anticipate, and manage budgetary issues
- Develop, train and mentor Account Associates with day-to-day direction, and performance reviews
- Nurture the relationship between the client and the agency by listening to the clients’ concerns and developing trust and respect
What You’ll Need:
- Let’s start with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and 3+ years of experience in an agency or related environment
- An action-oriented entrepreneurial spirit and a laser focus on the outcome, not just on the process
- An eagerness to think differently about problems and rolling up your sleeves to help figure them out.
- A thirst for pioneering new ways of forging and developing client business relationships
- Ability to recognize a great idea and empower the creative teams to push the boundaries on the work we make, while providing the business context needed for the work to be successful
- Courage to dig deep into the business and question everything to understand where the pain points are and link our work directly back to the business as much as possible
- A resiliently positive attitude. This is critical to foster a highly collaborative environment
- Passion and genuine enthusiasm for advertising, media, technology and your career growth
- Inclination to think outside of the box to imagine new ideas, encourage progressive dialogue
- The ability to confidently present your own and other’s work persuasively
JWT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.