Senior Designer Mirum Shopper Chicago
What is Mirum Shopper?
We create experiences that shoppers want, and brands and retailers need. We represent the next generation of shopper marketing solutions for engaging the digitally savvy consumer. Mirum Shopper is part of the Mirum Agency’s new commerce activation platform, designed to change the way brands engage with consumers and shoppers. The platform combines tech, analytics, data, campaign planning, and creative services with social shopper, shopper engagement services, and the creation of original content – from branded videos to events, mobile and in-store platforms – to influence shoppers in new ways. And we’re looking for passionate people who want to help us make what’s next.
We’re searching for a Senior Designer with tradigital skills—that is, the ability to work in both the traditional and the digital. For us, the ideal Designer is skilled at working with things
like type, but truly understands communication design. The primary role is to develop graphic and UI designs for integrated shopper marketing programs; however, you will also be tasked with a “mobile-first” approach to your design work, because our work focuses first and foremost on the digital aspects of how people shop.
In addition, you’ll contribute to brainstorms; collaborate with copywriters and other creative team members to bring projects to life; and develop designs for elements such as social assets, digital microsites, in-store POS and more.
That’s a lot, but it’s not all. We need all of the above at warp speed. We move fast, and require someone who can work independently and with a can-do attitude…as well as provide results that are visually stunning, no matter the medium.
If you’re ready to take on this great opportunity, we’d love to meet you.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have 3-5 years of relevant agency or design studio experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications or design
- Provide a portfolio of prior professional work
- Possess a solid understanding of interactive design and UI/UX
- Be proficient in Pages, Keynote, Photoshop, deck design, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, HTML and CSS
- Demonstrate good communication skills and persuasive abilities
- Maintain stability under pressure and have the ability to juggle multiple clients and assignments
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provide a strong design point of view regarding messaging hierarchy, typography, layout and color—as well as give rationale and background where appropriate for a smooth presentation.
- Create strategically sound designs and concepts for web, mobile, and in-store communication.
- Create user flows and wireframes for digital experiences.
- Possess a solid understanding of CPG shopper marketing.
- Have the ability to work from a rough comp to a finished, polished asset.
- Work collaboratively with fellow team members in strategy, creative, development/technology, production, social media, client services and management.
- Contribute in brainstorms and new business pitches as required.
- Able to work quickly, independently and with a can-do attitude.
It is expected that you will perform additional duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed by the Company for the efficient operation of the Company. In addition, in order to adjust to changes in our business, it may become necessary to modify your job description, add to or remove certain duties and responsibilities, or reassign you to an alternate job position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law