Manager, Client Finance J. Walter Thompson New York
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C’s: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
The Finance Manager position is with the New York Office Client Finance team. This role will report directly to the Finance Director, with significant interaction and support to the Director of Client Finance. This role will partner with Agency business and operations teams and will include client interaction.
A Day in the Life:
Budget & Forecasting
- Work closely with Finance Director to prepare and update revenue forecasting schedules and collaborate with corporate finance on budgeting and forecasting needs.
- Communicate budget variances from a monthly and annual perspective to business teams and financial leadership.
- Month End Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare monthly revenue entries and maintain internal month-end files.
- Prepare journal entries for accrual and deferral of fee revenue.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of client revenue accounts to the JWT General Ledger and provide explanation of changes/variances.
- Client - Fees and Budget Management
- Accountable for preparing annual client fees and out-of-scope project fees in accordance with client rate cards
- Oversee receipt of Client Fee purchase orders & approved estimates, establish agency fee billing schedules in accordance with Client contractual agreements, and monitor fee billing to ensure it remains within client approval parameters.
- Ensure unbilled inventory and accounts receivables are within established client contractual credit parameters and investigate any issues that need to be addressed and resolved.
- Manage intercompany client balances and reporting
- Hold monthly status meetings with account teams on reconcilable accounts to review billing/manpower hours/missing timesheets, etc.
- Prepare pricing of hours for fee estimates. Work needs to be timely, accurate, and adhere to client rate card parameters.
- Manage client staffing plans and allocations
- Evaluate existing processes and make recommendations for further improvements
- Manage Financial Analyst
- Assist Finance Director with WPP, JWT, audit, and other ad-hoc requests
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of Advertising Agency or Client Finance experience preferred
- Excellent Excel skills including pivot table, v-lookup, macros
- Sound business acumen and common sense approach to problem solving
- Proven client service orientation including the ability to manage multiple client’s unique contract requirements
- Demonstrated financial management experience including development of financial projects, budgets, and resources
- Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- A positive attitude and ability to thrive in a fast paced agency environment
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Position will interact with multiple agency departments and senior management
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.