Account Coordinator - Luxury Brand J. Walter Thompson New York
At J. Walter At Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C’s: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
As an Account Coordinator you will be responsible for maintaining the Global Business Director’s schedule, as well as be the go-to person for your account team. You thrive on the interaction with different parts of the account team and are pumped to start delivering client-communications. You are a detail-oriented, self-starter and eager to learn more about the management side of advertising. This position is beneficial for growth at an agency and direct relations with client.
A Day in the Life:
• Cultivate and coordinate the schedule of Global Business Director (i.e. Travel, Finances and Day-to-day meetings-internal/external)
• Collaborate and support the Account Management team to create seamless client-facing meetings, status calls, summaries and achieve clear external communications
• Develop quarterly budgets and maintain attention to detail for billable client expenses
• Liaise with other coordinators/administrators to ensure that other departments (creatives/planning) are respecting budgets and using project numbers accordingly
• Prepare monthly newsletters on the Luxury/ Watch industry for clients
• Updating or creating backgrounders for new brand ambassadors/future advertisement proposals
• Apply time management skills and knowledge to execute meeting summaries, agendas and presentations
• Oversee event support to ensure client-facing meetings run smoothly
• Establish relationships with the account management team and develop and understanding of the creative department, studio, project management and planners to further understand the production process and make sure work is being done efficiently
• Attend to basic office- support needs and other administrator tasks such as reserving meeting rooms and facilitating with catering/security
• Maintain an understanding of WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Social Media and the Luxury watch category
• Works well under pressure and has a good eye
• Cares passionately about detail just like a watchmaker precisely
What You’ll Need:
• Experience. Let’s start with a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in [Advertising, Communications or Marketing] and two internships in an agency or related environment if applicable
• Willingness to learn and absorb information about the client history and print production process
• Knowledge of time-management skills and external communications
• Thorough understanding and genuine enthusiasm for advertising
• Curiosity to learn further about the industry and account management
J. Walter Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.