Senior Strategist J. Walter Thompson New York
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C’s: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
Strategists at J. Walter Thompson are crucial in blending research, analytics and creative best practices for building thoughtful and inspired campaigns. They are champions of collaboration with all internal stakeholders to drive campaign strategy, and bring the client along on the journey to superior brand communication and audience experience.
Our Senior Strategist is a problem solver at heart - someone who wants to dig into data and figure out how to drive our clients' business results, and can translate their thinking into clear, motivating strategic documents. The Senior Strategist marries intelligence insights with strategy from the earliest research stage to creative development, communication planning and campaign evaluation. At the core of this role is the ability to glean and share human insights, a voracious curiosity, a collaborative nature and the ability to inspire strong, impactful communications.
A Day in the Life:
- Truly collaborate with clients, account managers and creative to lead the creation of inspiring creative briefs that translate insights into innovative campaign strategies
- Work with the creative and account management teams to ensure all client deliverables are flawlessly executed and on strategy
- Support the development and implementation of powerful primary qualitative and quantitative research designs that address client business issues, gain insights into target audiences and test ad concepts
- Collect, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources: market data, cultural and social trends monitoring, products and services research, qualitative interviews/conversations, observational research, etc.
- Apply intelligence analysis, key performance indicators and program measurement to extract key observations and nuances that can inspire creative and lead to innovative, exciting solutions for clients’ business/product
- Support the overall management of client business relationships including internal document preparation, ongoing campaign performance monitoring, reporting compilation and formatting, QA and troubleshooting, RFP support and ongoing client communications
What You’ll Need:
- Let’s start with a Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) and 6+ years in a strategic planning role within recognized planning agencies
- Healthcare DTC experience
- The ability to think on your feet and an eagerness to think outside the box
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills; you will be face-to-face with various departments at their busiest moments
- Thorough understanding of and genuine enthusiasm for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an innate curiosity and insight into human behavior, an instinct for pop culture, and a nuanced understanding of creative work are critical
- An advanced understanding of data sources, qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and a keen eye of when and how to apply them to client challenges
- Significant digital experience using analytics and experience mapping to illuminate the target audience’s digital and social experience
- A self-starter approach and true sense of ownership regarding work at each point of delivery
- Technically proficient in presentation planning and development
- Curiosity to learn about the advertising business and planning from field publications, industry blogs and industry collateral
JWT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.