Strategic Planner J. Walter Thompson Toronto
J. Walter Thompson is actively seeking a smart and curious Strategic Planner to work collaboratively with the interagency team on a leading automotive and global financial services client.
This position is based in the Toronto office.
- Collaborate with the interagency team to ensure brands are consistently executed every day across the full breadth of work, agnostic of channel.
- Oversee strategy of specific projects from problem definition, insight discovery, brief writing, and creative development through to final execution and reporting.
- Collaborate with Analytics team to investigate business and campaign data to uncover insights and define implications for future strategies.
- Continually monitor relevant cultural and category trends for industries of assigned brands.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 3+ years’ experience in a strategic role within an advertising agency.
- 5+ years’ relevant industry experience working across all channels.
- Proven experience distilling broad business challenges into simple strategies.
- Ability to turn research data into compelling insights.
- Comfortable working with data and using statistics.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Superior writing skills; proven experience writing a comprehensive brief.
- A master at crafting a well-articulated and supported point of view.
- Demonstrated success building strong client relationships.
- Self-starter who takes ownership and responsibility.
All resumes will be reviewed.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) is the world's best-known marketing communications brand and has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first to rocket a candy bar into space, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, the first to create an amphibious prosthetic limb, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.