Account Supervisor J. Walter Thompson Toronto
J. Walter Thompson is actively seeking a passionate and collaborative Account Supervisor for our global financial services client. Based in the Toronto office, this role supports the American business and requires occasional travel to New York.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage competing priorities with calm & confidence.
- Oversee the project management of production process, budgets and timelines, including coordination of meetings, copy revisions and approvals, estimate approvals, and workback schedules.
- Oversee the communication with creative teams and internal resources to ensure that projects are running smoothly, on time and on budget.
- Oversee the documentation of all client and agency meetings.
- Oversee project financial management including budgets, estimates & dockets.
- Manage the general communication flow throughout the agency, global teams and partners.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the client’s business.
- Develop strong client relationships.
- Liaise with client and address client’s day-to-day issues at appropriate level.
- Lead client and internal meetings at appropriate level.
- Maintain thorough understanding of legal advertising regulations and guidelines specific to client business/category.
- Oversee the monitoring and maintenance of all necessary records on the brand’s business performance and the impact of advertising programs. These include ad tracking summaries, pertinent historical data, media plans and flowcharts.
- Monitor and analyze key competitor activity and key global activity.
- Supervise, train, motivate and review the performance of direct reports to ensure the highest level of performance.
- Oversee and execute miscellaneous requests in the daily running of the account.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 4+ years of agency experience required; experience working in financial services preferred.
- One to two years of supervisory experience required, including mentoring junior colleagues.
- Integrated production experience required, with an emphasis on print and digital.
- Experience delivering above and below the line communication solutions an asset.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Outstanding organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Confident self-starter and critical thinker.
- A master at crafting a well-articulated and supported point of view.
All resumes will be reviewed.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J.Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, creativity and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.