Front End Web Developer J. Walter Thompson Chicago
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, creativity and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
J. Walter Thompson is searching for a front-end developer. The role requires working on a variety of both new and pre-exiting web applications. Ideal candidates are good at taking initiative and have keen eye for detail. The role will frequently work with a designer but at times, design and UX intuition/experience is required. The dev team is small requiring the candidate to wear many hats and jump in and out of things quickly as needed. The role is based in Chicago but works with a distributed global team.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- js experience a plus.
- Experience with responsive and mobile design.
- Understanding of modern vs legacy browsers with polyfills.
- CMS familiarity is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of web performance and security.
- Knowledge of version control system, Git preferred.
- Ability to see a feature from start to finish. Testing included. Empathy for the end user experience.
- Comfortable working on a command line.
- 5+ years of experience building websites and applications.
- Comfortable being managed remotely.
- Able to learn new technologies in a short amount of time.
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize and deliver on commitments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law