Planner J. Walter Thompson Atlanta
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
J. Walter Thompson Atlanta is seeking a Planner. The Planner is responsible for research and recommendations that will support the Planning Department in the strategic process across multiple brands.
- Guide implementation of approved brand strategy across all platforms on several accounts.
- Owning or consulting on the brief development and writing process.
- Clear, persuasive briefings to creatives, communications planners, and content planners.
- Collaboration with other agency disciplines including creative, content, and analytics to assure alignment and amplification of the creative idea.
- Initiation and supervision of research projects as needed/directed.
- Presentation of the Agency’s strategic point of view, research results, or insights to clients and partner agencies.
Knowledge, Talents and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college required
- Minimum of two years of work experience in an advertising agency or related experience in Strategic Planning
- Experience defining problems, collecting information, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions that are distilled and communicated crisply
- Familiarity with all media channels, but a strong emphasis on digital
- Interest in digital experience, and product/prototype development (web development experience a plus)
- Appreciation for good User Experience and Consumer Journey development
- Experience conducting and providing results from qualitative and quantitative research from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data
- Experience conducting statistical and competitive analyses and segmentation and ethnographic studies
- Ability to write research reports, presentations, white papers and general business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present research results to internal teams and clients
- Ability to distill and convey inspiring insights to creative teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.