Project Manager J. Walter Thompson Toronto
J. Walter Thompson is actively seeking a proactive and collaborative Project Manager to partner with the account management team to manage and exceed client expectations, while overseeing and leading all aspects of multiple interactive development projects.
This position is based in the Toronto office.
- Coordinate, lead, and complete planning efforts for multiple projects including estimating and identification of tasks, activities, artifacts, and deliverable milestones as well as the documentation of the resulting plan.
- Manage a group of projects ensuring all are on time, within scope and on budget.
- Identify areas of potential risk and implement risk mitigation strategies on all assigned projects.
- Create timely, accurate and thorough project plans, progress reports and scope change documents for each assigned project.
- Ensure quality execution and delivery of solutions through optimized workload distribution.
- Work with project team to understand and manage expectations of both internal & external clients at the project level. Communicate potential variances upstream through senior digital team in timely fashion.
- Serve as primary escalation point for project issues that impact the client. Work with the project team to identify options for resolution and communicate those options upstream.
- Attend client kick off and status meetings and participate in scoping meetings. Communicate meeting objectives to project team members, ensuring efficient scheduling and appropriate agenda and recap documentation standards are met.
- Develop and provide status reports and PMO reports to the client, senior digital team and account management, as appropriate per standards.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 3-5 years of project management experience within a digital environment.
- Experience working within an advertising agency environment.
- Familiar with marketing communications strategy and processes, including online media, application development, web site development and ongoing website maintenance.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently & effectively.
- Proficiency with MS Project and Excel and ability to embrace and learn internal project management tools and systems.
- Constantly looking for new information and learning from experiences.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solution oriented when presented with project risks &/or challenges.
- Critical thinking is mandatory when defining potential project solutions.
- Ability to translate technical concepts to our internal teams.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, energetic, independent and responsive to feedback.
All resumes will be reviewed.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J. Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, creativity and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.