Sr. Commercial Analyst (Retail Planner)
Established in Britain by Tom Joule nearly three decades ago, Joules is a true premium lifestyle brand with an authentic heritage. As a multi-channel brand with a global appeal, we carefully design clothing, footwear and accessories for women, men, children and babies – whilst our homeware, toiletries, eyewear and other new collections are constantly expanding.
Due to our growing success in the US - mainly through wholesale channel partnerships with retailers such as Dillards and Nordstrom (alongside nearly 600 independents) we are looking to recruit a Sr. Commercial Analyst to join our US team in New York.
Purpose of Position:
- As the Joules USA business grows and trading dynamics shift, the need for clear-cut ownership of trading and selling data becomes the integral foundation of effective decision-making.
- This newly-created position will lead the newly-formed Commercial Analysis team, whose primary role will be to seamlessly execute the data analysis.
- Build and create meaningful reporting and set KPI standards by utilizing existing systems (Data Warehouse, 3rd-party cloud-based analysis tools) and to support Finance, Sales, and Merchandising.
- Examples include: Assortment sell-thrus by delivery phase and color. SKU productivity. Open-to-Buy recommendations.
- Develop a deep understanding of sales metrics, reporting tools, and data structure in order to identify and drive resolution of issues, provide actionable intelligence with existing metrics or identify, develop, and propose new metrics, dashboards, scorecards or new tools
- Manage seasonal pricing at the SKU level for the US in a way that fits a global pricing model, maximizes internal gross margin, and is ‘market right.’
- Plan, analyze, and recommend seasonal vendor markdown margin assistance for various wholesale partners, and work with Finance counterpart to mitigate risk to the Company and to maximize mutual profitability.
- The ‘go-to’ for adhoc business analytics and data-driven support.
- Provide recommendations through ad hoc data retrieval and analysis from data management systems
- Create new tools and business processes that simplifies, standardizes and enables operational excellence
- Develop relationships and processes with sales, finance, sales operations, and other functional teams to identify and address reporting issues.
- Supervise, develop, and coach a Pricing & Margin Analyst, with potential additional team members.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
Education: Bachelors degree
Experience: 5 years. Familiarity with Retail/CPG industry. Excel and systems-savvy.
Personal Attributes: Detail-oriented, excited about numbers, interested in creating and owning a process from end to end. Can work independently as well as in groups and cross-functionally.