Cash Application Specialist (based in New York)
Established in Britain by Tom Joule nearly three decades ago, Joules is a true premium lifestyle brand with an authentic heritage. As a multi-channel brand with a global appeal, we carefully design clothing, footwear and accessories for women, men, children and babies – whilst our homeware, toiletries, eyewear and other new collections are constantly expanding.
Due to our growing success in the US - mainly through wholesale channel partnerships with retailers such as Dillards and Nordstrom (alongside nearly 600 independents) we are looking to recruit a Cash Application Specialist.
Purpose of Position:
The Cash Application Specialist will be responsible for matching invoices to receivables, cash reconciliation, and maintaining metrics/data related to the company’s cash receipts. Areas of focus will be allocation of cash, settlement of customer accounts in closely related Debtor management.
- Process, apply and post daily cash (incoming checks/lockbox accounts, wires, ACH direct debit, Daily Credit Card processing & update bank charge sheet)
- Match deductions with available back up and remittance and advice
- Daily processing of large volumes of incoming payments accurately and in a timely manner
- Process returned checks/rejected payments
- Ensure all open cash related items are matched prior to period end
- Research over payments and outstanding credit memo
- Maintain detailed cash summary logs and reports to be shared with management
- Daily cash reports to be run and reviewed for accuracy.
- Develop strong working relationships with other operational disciplines, including Accounting, Operations and Portfolio.
- Manage debtor aging to minimize aged/bad debt and assist Credit Controllers in chasing debt if needed
- Liaise with Sales and Logistics to research and resolve debit notes
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Experience in a Retail/Wholesale apparel or consumer goods company and with knowledge of US based major department stores.
- Adequate knowledge of Microsoft AX or comparable ERP/GL systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Detail-oriented, proactive mind, able to work in fast-paced environments
- A team player with strong communication and organisational skills
What we offer:
- Healthcare Plan
- Dental and Vision Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Clothing Allowance and Employer Discount
- 401k Pension Scheme
- Commuter Benefit
This is an amazing opportunity to help on us on our journey to become an even bigger success in the USA! Please apply today! Candidates must be eligible to work in the US