Commercial Lawyer (maternity cover)
An excellent opportunity has arisen here at Joules to join the business as an In-House Lawyer on a 12 month fixed term contract. This role will provide support to Joules’ General Counsel. The role will be based at our Head Office in Market Harborough, Leicestershire.
As part of a small team, you will be given the opportunity to get involved with all departments across the business, from working with the design and marketing teams on new products and campaigns, to helping the web team with contractual arrangements for innovative technology, to advising the international sales teams on new arrangements in the US, Europe and other countries.
As an entrepreneurial business, Joules has seen a huge amount of growth and change over the last few years culminating in an IPO in May 2016. The business continues to grow and develop through the launch into new international markets and expansion into new product ranges via licensing arrangements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-paced and exciting British brand where you will experience a variety of work and really feel like you are “adding value” and making a difference on a daily basis.
The role involves providing legal support and advice to the whole business. Reporting into the General Counsel, key responsibilities will include:-
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, in particular IT contracts, logistics contracts and supply of goods and services agreements.
- Maintaining and regularly updating the company’s standard T&C’s, including website terms and business to business purchase terms.
- Advising on marketing matters, competitions and sales promotions.
- Providing training and legal updates to the business.
- Providing compliance advice including data protection, anti-bribery and competition law.
- Co-ordinating external legal support (in particular international legal providers).
- Supporting the General Counsel on intellectual property and brand protection matters when required.
- Supporting the General Counsel with Company Secretarial matters.
- The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer, have trained in a leading law firm and have experience of working within an in-house environment, preferably in the retail sector. This role would ideally suit a junior to mid-level lawyer but we will consider all applications.
- You will be comfortable working with and communicating to colleagues at all levels of the business and you will be able to work well as part of a team as well as having the ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills are essential along with good commercial awareness and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced business.
- Experience of dealing with company secretarial matters and a working knowledge of intellectual property would be advantageous but is not essential
What we offer
- 31 days Annual Leave (includes bank holidays)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- 50% clothing employee discount
- Annual Clothing Allowance
A full list can be found here http://bit.ly/joulesrb