Undergraduate Design Assistant - Childrenswear
Established in Britain by Tom Joule nearly three decades ago, Joules is a true premium lifestyle brand with an authentic heritage. As a multi-channel brand with a global appeal, we carefully design clothing, footwear and accessories for women, men, children and babies – whilst our homeware, toiletries, eyewear and other new collections are constantly expanding.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Design Assistant to join our Childrenswear team on an undergraduate placement year which will form part of your degree course.
Purpose of the role:
The Design Assistant will be a creative individual, with strong organisational skills in order to assist the team to meet deadlines. The successful candidate will have exposure to the full design process including researching trends, identifying competitors, assisting in pulling the new seasons ranges together, creating tech packs and artwork sheets and liaising with suppliers, all to produce products that truly fit our customer’s lifestyle.
What we are looking for:
- A Fashion Design student looking to do a placement industry year,
- Preferably who is specialising, or has a keen interest in Childrenswear.
- Proficiency in Illustrator & Photoshop
- Exceptional organisation and administration skills with a great eye for detail
- Confident in working alongside suppliers to reach targets.
- A commercial eye for colour
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer:
- 31 days Annual Leave (includes bank holidays)
- 50% clothing employee discount
- Annual Clothing Allowance
A full list can be found here http://bit.ly/joulesrb
This is an amazing opportunity for the right individual to add value to one of the UK’s fastest growing, lifestyle brands, so if you do not want to miss out on being part of something special – click ‘Apply Now’.