Undergraduate Print Design Assistant (12 month work placement)
Britishness, family values, colour and humour make us stand out from the crowd. Established in the fields of Great Britain nearly three decades ago, Joules is a multichannel premium worldwide family lifestyle brand with a large and loyal customer base.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Print Design Assistant on a 12 month undergraduate work placement within our Joules Print Design Team. Designing for a lifestyle brand such as ours is a dream opportunity for truly creative types inspired by the tradition of modern Britain.
On completion of the year the successful candidate will learn the following skills:
- Training on all Creative Suite Programs in accordance with industry requirements
- A dedicated Print Design mentor who will provide guidance during their time at the business
- Design responsibility for a number of prints used within the collection per season
- Training in the creation of print repeat tiles and colour separation in preparation for production
- Training in colour matching to industry standards and also the creation of all CAD & fabric colour palettes required seasonally
- Some mood and colour prediction work
- Production preparation
- Meeting preparation: Preparing presentations, colour palettes, printing repeat tiles and mood boards
- Maintaining Joules vintage print and colour archives
- On completion of a season the candidate will be responsible for producing a visual bible of all prints and capsules used within the season
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be studying towards a relevant print or textile design degree and possess brilliant freehand illustration skills, a great eye for colour and the enthusiasm and dedication required to join our busy print studio.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to learn the fundamental skills for a career in print design
- 31 days Annual Leave (includes bank holidays)
- 50% clothing employee discount
- Annual Clothing Allowance
A full list can be found here http://bit.ly/joulesrb
This is an amazing opportunity for the right individual so please apply today by sending us your CV and portfolio.