Project Manager – Acquisition and Management Consulting Services
Jefferson Solutions, a well-respected government consulting company of the Jefferson Consulting Group, woman-owned small business, is seeking candidates for a Project Manager position to lead a mix of acquisition and management consulting projects. Efforts include a range of traditional management consulting efforts with a specific focus on the federal acquisition/procurement community. Knowledge of both management consulting approaches, and the federal acquisition/procurement process is required to be successful in the position.
- Lead client engagements in a combined role as the Project Manager and Subject Matter Expert. Project management duties include:
- Prepare project management plans and manage the execution of the plan.
- Manage day-to-day communication with clients.
- Generate project reports or proposals.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and contractual requirements.
- Manage team members.
- Subject Matter Expert duties include:
- Apply management consulting techniques and technical expertise to develop strategies, recommend and implement approaches to improve processes, reorganize organizations, facilitate meetings and build consensus, elicit requirements, develop communication products, and create implementation plans.
- Provide advanced acquisition expertise to assist agencies through the acquisition process. This may include developing performance-based acquisitions for program offices, guiding acquisition strategy development with the contracting office, drafting technical evaluation summaries, etc.
- Participate in industry associations to demonstrate firm’s thought leadership.
- Support proposal and new business efforts.
- Supervise team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Seven or more years of relevant experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or FAC/DAWIA certifications preferred.
- Technical training, skills and experience to successfully perform in a combined management consulting and acquisition advisor role
- Experience in working with multiple federal agencies, including the Department of Defense (DoD); although DoD experience is highly desirable, it is not required.
- Advanced knowledge of the federal acquisition process
- Ability to handle effectively and concurrently multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent anticipatory skills and proactive approach to work
- Strong oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong prioritization and organization skills to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and interested in producing quality work product
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and to handle sensitive information discreetly
- Experience managing teams to execute projects.
- Some travel may be required
Jefferson Consulting Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any category protected by law.