Serves as HR Specialist on a contract with USAID. The incumbent will be expected to travel in support of USAID Missions worldwide and will be based in Uganda through at least December 30, 2018.
- Develop new and revised position descriptions and all supporting documentation.
- Process job applications, including screening applications, coordinating interviews, and conducting reference checks.
- Facilitate recruitment panels (Technical Evaluation Committees).
- Observe interviews and draft the Selection Memorandum.
- Perform follow-on tasks once a candidate is selected.
- Review office organizational charts and advise regarding staffing configurations meeting current mission management needs.
- Participate in and make recommendations on decisions regarding a range of human resources issues, including personnel actions, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Interpret USAID/Washington human resource regulations and ensure mission personnel management actions are implemented in accordance with human resource regulations.
- Assist with planning and provide advise regarding personnel management of the Mission for US National, Foreign Service National (FSN) and Third Country National (TCN) employees, taking into consideration manpower development requirements.
- Collaborate with Mission officials in the proper placement of personnel and recommend action to assure maximum utilization of personnel.
- Make recommendations for standard orientation procedures for new employees, including on-the-job training and mentoring. Plan and conduct administrative orientation for new employees.
- Review personnel files to ensure that employee evaluations and work objectives are up to date.
- Assist with and make recommendations, as necessary, for the annual performance review process for local employees in accordance with staff and Agency needs.
- Review the Mission training plan and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Other job related responsibilities, as assigned.
- A least seven years of relevant experience performing human resource management or human resource administration-related tasks, preferably in USAID, as a USAID implementing partner or with another government agency with a significant overseas focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to obtain a SECRET or HSPD-12 clearance. Current SECRET or HSPD-12 clearance preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy; work effectively with employees at all levels of a multi-cultural organizational; and work in collaborative manner in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, or ability to quickly gain knowledge of, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and USAID policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational, communication, writing and analytical skills to effectively interact with USAID program and contracting officials.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and to handle sensitive information discreetly.
- Attention to detail, high standards of excellence and commitment to perform and execute all project activities successfully.
- Experience with GLAAS or PRISM.