USAID Program Specialist-Bureau for Resilience and Food Security
Jefferson Solutions, the government consulting company of Jefferson Consulting Group, a well-respected, woman-owned small business in Washington, D.C. seeks highly qualified individuals to serve as Program Specialists within the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). These positions are with the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (RFS). This is a great opportunity for professionals who are interested in a career in international development and/or global health to gain valuable experience with USAID.
Jefferson provides strategic and operational services to federal agencies in program management, acquisition, human capital and training. The newly reorganized RFS will strengthen coordination across the technical areas of agriculture-led growth, resilience, nutrition, and water security, sanitation and hygiene and provide state-of-the-art services to the field. The Program Specialists will provide support to the RFS to Country Support Teams (CSTs) and provide programmatic and administrative support to each of the bureau’s Offices and Centers, as well as other Bureau functions as assigned. Program Specialists will provide a crucial service to coordinate and manage the increased information flow to support the Bureau. Each Program Specialist will be assigned a geographic and/or technical area of responsibility and work closely with their teams on assignments.
Work will be performed on site at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington D.C. during normal business hours, Monday through Friday (except Federal holidays).
Key responsibilities include:
Research, Analysis, Informational Content Generation, and Knowledge Management
- Research, coordination and production of various information products, including fact sheets, strategic country narratives, and other spreadsheets, situational updates, briefers, briefing books
- Assist in the production of success stories, strategic narratives, and other public documents
- Manage online knowledge management portals
- Coordinate with other Program Specialists to link Office/Transition Team resources
- Information dissemination within and across CSTs, Transition Teams, and Leadership councils
- Meeting notes / summaries of conclusions
- Provide project management assistance. Specific tasks will include documentation of project activities, milestones, challenges, opportunities, and lessons learned.
- Provide administration of routine work done by the CSTs and Technical Teams.
- Send out routine requests for information, meeting/call readouts, and updates.
- Track and following clearances for bureau documentation and ensuring that such formal documentation is of a high-quality nature.
- Set up meetings/calls such as by sending out invitations, following up with participants, and working with the Administrative staff to book lines and rooms.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance or a USAID facility access clearance
- Ability to handle effectively and concurrently multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent anticipatory skills and proactive approach to work
- Strong oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills to effectively interact with government clients and industry partners
- Strong prioritization and organization skills to meet deadlines
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor
- Detail-oriented and interested in producing quality work product
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, experience with Google Drive is a plus
- Experience with USAID, USG or other related organization is preferred
Jefferson Consulting Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any category protected by law.