USAID Washington and Mission Health Office Programs Senior Acquisition and Assistance Specialist
Jefferson provides the full range of acquisition and assistance in support of USAID Washington and Mission Health Office programs that reduce maternal and childhood mortality, assist in family planning and reduce the burden of infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis. Jefferson, as requested, enables USAID Health Offices to efficiently and effectively achieve health goals and priorities through contracts, grants and cooperative agreements. This includes assisting USAID Health Officers in developing requisition packages and helping the Washington and Mission Offices of Acquisition and Assistance to develop acquisition and assistance documents, support source selections and prepare post-award modifications.
- Provide advanced acquisition and assistance guidance to federal agencies, and in particular, USAID.
- Work with program offices to develop requirements for Statements of Work (SOWs).
- Facilitate meetings, including working with stakeholders to develop agendas.
- Conduct market research.
- Provide cost and price analysis.
- Develop acquisition/assistance documentation, including requirements documents, acquisition/assistance strategies, solicitations, evaluation criteria, source selection decisions and negotiation memoranda.
- Publish Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and New Funding Opportunities (NFOs).
- Correspond and effectively and professionally communicate with government officials.
- Report on project status in internal and client meetings.
- Review contracts, agreements, grants and award modifications.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
- Security: Current SECRET or HSPD-12 clearance or ability to obtain one;
- At least 7 year of relevant experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word and Excel;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR),
- Knowledge of USAID’s acquisitions and assistance regulatory framework, including the AIDAR, APS, AAPDs, OMB Circulars, FAM/FAH, and 22 CFR Chapter II;
- FAC-C/DAWIA certification at Level II or Level III and/or NCMA CPCM certification.
- Certification or experience with GLAAS, PRISM or similar contract management systems preferred
- Strong organizational, communication, writing and analytical skills to effectively interact with program and contracting officials.
- Attention to detail, high standards of excellence and commitment to perform and execute all project activities successfully.
- Ability to travel to USAID Missions worldwide for short- or long-term assignments
Jefferson Consulting Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any category protected by law.