Proposal Writer - Mid Level - Federal Agencies (Remote)
Jefferson Solutions, a well-respected government consulting company of the Jefferson Consulting Group, a woman-owned small business, seeks a mid-level Proposal Writer, skilled in Federal Agency proposal submittals. Jefferson provides acquisition, human capital, and program management services to federal agencies. Due to growth, Jefferson, has created a new, virtual, full-time Proposal Writer position that will report to the Proposal Manager and will support the proposal writing process as part of a matrixed structure. This will be 100% telework.
- Learn the business and capture information on an ongoing basis that will help with proposal content
- Analyze solicitation requirements and assist in developing proposal compliance matrices
- Write technical, management, and past performance narratives
- Use graphics templates to enhance proposal text
- Ensure submissions meet all solicitation requirements
- Organize and submit final proposal files
- Manage the proposal library of past performance narratives, resumes, and content
- Enhance the proposal library by developing processes and procedures to routinely collect program metrics to leverage for proposal proof points
- Lean in to support the Proposal Manager in planning and leading bid preparations to include proposal kick-off meetings, outlines, writing and updating proposal content, and managing color team reviews. Able to step in to manage the process as needed
- Lean in to support the Proposal Manager in leading proposal internal and external teams, including coordinating efforts, establishing schedules, ensuring all timelines and milestones are met, and leading efforts to ensure that fully compliant submissions are timely
- Lean in to facilitate lessons-learned sessions on proposals and ensure continuous process improvement based on internal feedback and debriefings from government evaluations
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Experience writing proposals in response to federal agency solicitations, particularly proposals for acquisition, human capital, program management, and/or management consulting services
- Exceptional facilitation, editing, communication, and organizational skills
- Effective in working with others to obtain content, review materials, etc.
- Skilled at prioritizing work and adept at handling pressure in a fast-paced environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of proposal writing experience in response to federal civilian and defense solicitations
- Proposal writing experience to include these or related: resume preparation, past performance statements, writing technical sections, preparing other sections of proposals.
Jefferson Solutions is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any category protected by law.