Mid-level Acquisition Specialist/Analyst-FS Remote
Jefferson Solutions, the well-respected government consulting company of the Jefferson Consulting Group, a woman-owned small business, seeks highly qualified individuals to serve as Mid-level Acquisition Specialists/Analysts to provide analysis and acquisition lifecycle support to the Forest Service (FS) including professional/technical/advisory and assistance services, supplies and equipment, research and development, fire and aviation, and information technology. These services include, among other things, supporting acquisition strategy, market research analysis, developing acquisition packages, and supporting source selections. You will be virtually embedded with the Transition Team.
- Provide lifecycle acquisition and procurement support services for procurements from inception through award and post-award providing high quality technical writing, project management and analysis, and assist development of the following:
- Acquisition Strategy
- Acquisition Plans
- Market Research Analysis and Reports/Requests for Information
- Vendor Engagement/Industry Days
- Determination & Findings
- Justification for Approvals
- Independent Government Cost Estimates
- Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans
- Source Selection Plans
- Requirements development and preparation of documents (Statement of Work, Performance Work Statement, Statement of Objectives, and Statement of Requirements)
- Participation in or assistance with Technical Evaluation Boards (TEBs)
- Prepares, controls, and reviews procurement documents and reports for accuracy.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Forest Service acquisition processes including the Acquisition Approval Request (AAR) processes.
- Coordinate and meet with government stakeholders to understand and collect technical data needed to produce rational and appropriate contracting recommendations.
- In coordination and agreement with the COR, identify project activities, deliverables and due dates.
- Provide administrative support to Transition Team including scheduling/attending staff meetings and preparing/distributing meeting minutes.
- Develop and execute to project schedule(s) identifying major milestones and deliverables.
- Develop acquisition tools and templates.
- Ensure work is processed and delivered on time and in accordance with agency policy, procedures and federal regulations.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with senior-level government managers, and other Department stakeholders that can provide technical information for all contracting efforts.
- Help to manage list of tasks in support of Forest Service reorganization. Tasks may include record-keeping, intranet organization, communications with customers, policy and procedure refinement, document development and updating.
- Provide advisory assistance during source selections, including providing advisory assistance to the TEB, assist in the response to vendor questions related to the solicitation package, participate as an advisor and non-voting member on the TEB, and assist with preparing the TEB report.
- Develop administer, and maintain various existing reports pertaining to pre/post-award acquisition activities.
- Security: Must have a Public Trust Clearance or ability to obtain one.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have 5-10 years of related professional experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, writing and analytical skills to effectively interact with program and contracting officials.
- Attention to detail, high standards of excellence and commitment to perform and execute all project activities successfully.
Jefferson Consulting Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any category protected by law.