Acquisition Specialists - Mid level - State - DC
Jefferson Solutions, the well-respected government consulting arm of the Jefferson Consulting Group, is looking for a highly qualified individual to serve as a Mid-Level Acquisition Specialist performing a full range of acquisition services in support of the State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs, Office of Consular Systems and Technology team. These services include, among other things, developing acquisition packages, supporting source selections and providing post-award contract support.
Virtual in the Washington DC metro area only due to COVID.
WHO WE ARE
Jefferson Solutions is a woman-owned small business that helps federal agencies improve program and mission outcomes throughout the entire program life cycle – from defining effective requirements to assessing workforce capabilities and competencies to measuring accountability and performance. We are performance, management and organizational experts with a thorough understanding of acquisition, human capital, federal management initiatives, and administration and agency priorities. To achieve results, we leverage the decades of our experienced personnel, our thought leadership across the federal sector, and our proven approaches from public and private sector engagements. Since our founding in 1996, Solutions has employed collaborative approaches with our clients to address agency challenges and improve performance. Building on exceptional past performance from its work in over 50 federal agencies, Solutions tailors approaches and solutions specific to each client’s needs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
All aspects of pre-award contract support to include:
- Provide direct acquisition and procurement support on all CST procurements and acquisitions from inception through award providing high quality technical writing, project management and analysis support drafting of the following
- Acquisition Strategy
- Acquisition Plans
- Market Research Analysis
- Determination & Findings
- Justification for Approvals
- Independent Government Cost Estimates
- Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans
- Source Selection Plans
- Requirements documents (Statement of Work, Performance Work Statement, Statement of Objectives, and Statement of Requirements)
- Update and maintain accurate and complete electronic Contract Files to mirror the Contract Officer Representative (COR) file in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) for all CST’s acquisition and procurements to ensure availability of all contract related documents for administration
- Facilitate and participate in Acquisition Integrated Project Teams
- Coordinate and meet with government stakeholders to understand and collect technical data needed to produce rational and appropriate contracting recommendations
- Coordinate and assist the Department’s Acquisition Management (AQM) in the development of acquisition milestones
- Provide program office with other acquisition related documentation and support, including, but not limited to assistance in drafting milestones, correspondence with AQM, and creating and maintaining reports for contract administration
- Coordinate and attend meetings with senior-level government managers, and other Department stakeholders (i.e., AQM) that can provide technical information for all contracting efforts
- Provide advisory assistance during source selections, including providing advisory assistance to the Technical Evaluation Team (TET), assist in the response to vendor questions related to the solicitation package, participate as an advisor and non-voting member on the TET, and assist with preparing the TET report
- Develop administer, and maintain various existing reports pertaining to pre-award acquisition activities
All aspects of post-award contract administration support to include:
- Monitor and facilitate contract actions and accounting for the internal and external processing lead times to ensure timely contract awards and avoidance to any disruption to services
- Assist CORs with the facilitation and review of timely acceptance/rejection of contract deliverables
- Assist CORs with the facilitation and review of timely acceptance/rejection of invoice
- Assist CORs with the scheduling and facilitation of monthly CSR meetings
- Assist CORs with the timely submission of Contractor Performance Assessment Reports (CPARs) by providing information garnered during contract administration, such as trends in deliverables meeting deadlines, issues with invoicing, timeliness in response, etc.
- Develop, administer, and maintain various CST/SSPM existing reports pertaining to contract support activities
- Document and maintain procedures detailing all CST aspects of the requisition of professional services, hardware and software, maintenance, and IT equipment
- Assist CORs with timely contract close- out support in accordance with FAR 4.804(a), Department and Bureau regulations and policies
Experience and Prior Accomplishments
- Shall have at least five (5) years of federal acquisition experience.
- Proficiency with pre-award and contract administration duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
Education and Certifications
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Current SECRET clearance and/or able to obtain one.
- FAC-C/DAWIA certification at Level II or Level III.
- Experience with procuring information technology (IT) services and systems.
- Experience with contract management systems.
WHO YOU ARE
You are someone with strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, writing and analytical skills who can effectively interact with program and contracting officials. You are detailed oriented with high standards for excellence and a commitment to perform and execute all project activities successfully.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by using the link. We look forward to reviewing your resume and credentials.
Jefferson Consulting Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any category protected by law.