Project Manager-Forest Service
Jefferson Solutions, a well-respected, award-winning government consulting company of Jefferson Consulting Group, a woman-owned small business, is looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage and support a contracting and property leasing effort in support of the U.S. Forest Service (FS).
- Provide management and oversight of personnel, supervision, scheduling, work assignments, quality control of services and work products, and communications with the FS Contracting Officer or FS CO designee. All employees, including the Project Manager, will be virtual throughout the life of the contract.
- Develop project infrastructure, including standard project management and operating documents to ensure the success of the effort.
- Participate in project management meetings with Jefferson executives and Jefferson project managers.
- Act as the central point of contact for the Forest Service and specifically the FS Contracting Officer (CO), COR if assigned, or FS Project Manager in regard to the BPA and BPA Calls. Act with full authority to act for the Contractor under the contract/BPA Calls in the execution of the day to day work operations. Must have in depth practical experience and a broad knowledgeable of federal acquisition and program/project management theory, concepts, methods and processes for acquiring a wide variety of services, supplies, equipment, real property leasing, research and development, information technology, construction stewardship, and fire and aviation requirements across a multitude of industries.
- Be responsible for the assignment, completion and quality of all BPA/BPA Call work and the hiring and supervision of all Contractor personnel. Coordinates work assignments with the FS CO, FS Project Manager or COR and serves as the main focal point for communications with the Forest Service.
- Maintain an electronic tracking system to track work assigned, work completed, personnel assigned, status of open actions, and projected completion date for the action(s). Include milestone dates and start/complete tasks dates. Maintain current tracking throughout performance. As a minimum, show work activities by action, start and complete dates, any interdependencies (FS reviews), issues and resolutions of actions.
- Schedule and facilitate work assignment meetings between the FS and staff.
- Facilitate at least monthly communications with the CO throughout the performance period including:1) Status of scheduled work activities 2) Problems or potential problems affecting performance with recommended solutions that ensure the work remains on schedule.
- Baseline, analyze and recommend improvements for key work indicators such as customer satisfaction, work product lead times, audit recommendations, process improvements and employee engagement and satisfaction. Results are periodically coordinated with the CO to promote continuous improvement in the acquisition lifecycle processes.
- Provide management analysis services for various acquisition lifecycle topics or issues.
- Oversee contract/BPA Call administration as required within the terms and conditions of the contract/BPA Call.
- Coordinate with the FS CO to establish work product deliverables, due dates, and FS CO review and approval process for all procurement/ contracting/leasing support services.
- Schedule and deliver services and work products as agreed upon. All services and work products are delivered and accepted by the CO or COR by the scheduled completion date.
To be considered for this role, you must possess:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 10 years of experience with acquisition organizations
- Demonstrate prior project management experience, especially for projects of at least 20 employees
Also, we are seeking an individual who has:
- Excellent capabilities with the Microsoft Office suite of products including SharePoint, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Project, and Excel
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, writing and analytical skills to effectively interact with program and contracting officials.
- Attention to detail and record-keeping, high standards of excellence and commitment to perform and execute all project activities successfully.
You must also be able to pass a background investigation and favorable fitness/suitability determination for a Public Trust Clearance.
Jefferson Solutions is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any category protected by law.