PT HR Administrator
Jefferson Consulting Group LLC, a woman-owned small business, is looking for a Part-Time Human Resources Administrator to support a growing HR department. You will be responsible for supporting a variety of administrative/record keeping HR activities & HRIS support virtually.
Position Type: This is a part time position requiring up to 30 hours per week. After approximately 6 months of work, a determination will be made as to whether the position shifts to full time.
- Manages logistics for the employee onboarding program, including preparing new hire packets and new employee files; verifying all new employee paperwork and scheduling meetings with various managers/departments
- Enters new documents into our HRIS system and performs other updates as necessary
- Prepares other HR documents such as offer letters and status changes.
- Organizes and maintain electronic personnel records
- Assists in administration of employee benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), etc.
- Conducts reference checks and assists in other aspects of recruiting as needed
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Associates degree in business or related discipline and a minimum of 2 years of proven work experience in an HR role. Additional HR experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience with HR software such as an HRIS or HRMS
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications, in particular)
- Working knowledge of employment laws required
- Must be customer-service oriented and able to work effectively with employees, management, and applicants and possess the ability to follow up, resolve and close all issues in a timely manner
- Must possess excellent administrative skills with accent on thoroughness, accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Must be skilled at prioritizing and working well under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- Must possess the ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and employees
- Must be a team player along with the ability to work well independently
- Must have an excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Must have the demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion and sound judgment considering the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Must have the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Experience working in Government contracting environment a plus
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM-CP certification a plus
- Must have reliable internet service
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. The position is performed indoors for the vast majority of the time. The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, and use his/her hands. The position requires using a computer the majority of the day.
Jefferson Consulting Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any category protected by law.