Sustainable Sourcing Manager
Sustainable Sourcing Manager
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
The Sustainable Sourcing Manager will play a key role in monitoring and managing the environmental impacts of production for the company's Private Brand supply chain. The successful candidate will be able to work effectively across multiple functions to develop and implement environmental initiatives around specific issue areas. The position will report to the Director of Responsible Sourcing and be a part of the global Responsible Sourcing team.
- Implement an environmental assessment to identify focus areas, objectives, and KPIs to mitigate environmental risk and to drive more sustainable practices in the Private Brand supply chain
- Develop sustainability policies, guidelines, and/or standards for the sourcing of Private Brand product
- Manage global environmental sustainability initiatives in partnership with other departments and key industry stakeholders
- Drive adoption and effective use of industry sustainability platforms and tools, such as through the Sustainable Apparel Coalition
- Manage traceability tools, including a monitoring and tracking system for sustainability performance in production facilities and manage global sustainability data collection activities
- Manage internal and external sustainability reporting requirements
- Monitor sustainability trends related to industry initiatives and legislation
- Develop materials to communicate sustainability initiatives to key stakeholders
- Participate in industry sustainability initiatives
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s or master's degree preferred (business, environment and/or sustainability)
- Experience working in a corporate sustainability department or related area
- Knowledge of environmental issues in apparel, retail, and/or consumer products industries
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.