Quality Assurance Lead S2
JOB TITLE:Quality Assurance Lead
FLSA STATUS: HOURLY
AREA OF USE:WACO PREPARED FOODS FACILITY (Waco, Texas)
Absence of any related duties or functions in this document does not imply that incumbent may be exempt from assignments required to support production. The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure ingredients on product labels are declared and the plant is compliant with allergen program prior to distribution to customers and consumers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as production demands may require.
- Verify ingredients used in the product against product specification, bill of materials, product label, and USDA approval.
- Maintain records and filing
- Verify ingredients against the production schedule, BOM, product specification, USDA label approval, and ultimately product specification, USDA label approval, and ultimately our product label.
- Work with Corporate labeling department to ensure all labels are compliant in regards to declaration of allergens and or sensitive ingredients.
- Capable to work around spices, in a cold atmosphere, lift up to 70 lbs.
- Notify Quality Assurance management of discrepancies.
- Complete label variance form and send to labeling via e-mail.
- File label verification upon completion and/or response to variance.
- Maintain organized filing system for label verifications and variances..
- Performs laboratory work according to prescribed standards.
- Determines chemical and physical characteristics or composition.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Collects and analyzes samples. Performs simple laboratory tests according to prescribed standards.
- Tests samples to verify conformity to specifications. Records test results and writes test reports describing procedures used.
- Cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment.
- May prepare graphs and charts.
- May calibrate laboratory instruments.
- May prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- May add chemicals or raw materials to process solutions or product batches to correct or establish formulation required to meet specifications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office
- Performs other related duties as assigned to support production demands as may be specified by customer or client.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to physically perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED. Proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Word is required. Understanding of allergens strongly preferred. Effective communication skills are necessary. Must be fluent in English (read, write, and speak.)
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
All employees are required to attend employee and safety orientation prior to performing the above duties. Once the employee completes this training they will be assigned to a Supervisor who will further orient the employee to the workplace, introduce him/her to employees and other supervision, demonstrate work assignment and explain ingress and egress procedures to and from work station. A training buddy may be assigned to new employees for a period to assist in further training and indoctrination.
The employee must also complete training on basic principles of HACCP and SSOP, as well as GMP training.
Those responsible for training and indoctrination may include: personnel representatives, safety director, supervisors, and lead workers.
METHOD OF TRACKING EMPLOYEE PROGRESS:
The supervisor is accountable for tracking employee progress and performance.
EXIT TRAINING FOR MEASURING TRAINING EFFECTIVENESS:
A specific probationary period is assigned to all employees hired to evaluate employee effectiveness and performance. At the end of this period the supervisor will evaluate the job performance of each new employee utilizing current forms and procedures in effect at that time. The employee will be rated and evaluated on essential work duties listed above as well as attendance, tardiness, interaction with co-workers and management, attitudes and work actions. Unacceptable performance of duties and disciplinary actions will be documented on corrective action reports and appropriate personnel records. Absent any negative actions, the employee may be eligible for a wage increase according to the wage and salary policies in effect at that time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear, and climb or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to cold, wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
List any and all personal safety or health protection equipment and gear required by either regulatory, sanitary, or safety procedures.
The employee is required to wear a hair net, beard net (if necessary,) gloves, a smock, slip proof boots, waterproof aprons, and ear protection.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the daily work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or customer specifications and processes required of personnel so assigned.
Must complete an application to be considered for the position