DATA SCIENTIST DIRECTOR
The Fed Beef team at JBS is seeking a data science director who is passionate about unlocking the value of our data to provide data insights that inform and influence our product and business decisions. By managing a Data Science and Business Analysis teams the main goal will be leverage the large internal and publicly available datasets, using it to empower our business through the usage of machine learning, artificial intelligence and business analysis tools to enhance decision making and allow for insight driven collaboration.
- Leverage the latest machine and deep learning techniques to challenge our current practices in supply chain, procurement, sales, marketing, operations, claims, etc.
- Design, develop, and implement end-to-end machine learning production pipelines (data exploration, data preprocessing, feature engineering, model building, and performance evaluation).
- Manage the Business Analysis team and consultants to enhance new tools and to improve the data structure that will allow the business unit pursue better data utilization and analysis.
- Develop business programs related to automation and standardization across the four Fed beef plants
- Work with different business organizations across the company to understand their needs and help identify new opportunities.
- Mentor, coach, train and manage fellow data scientists and analysts.
Successful Candidate: A successful candidate must:
- Take the initiative, easily understand the business dynamics, see the big picture, assess current practices and identify new areas where inefficiencies affect the bottom line of the company.
- Understand the uses of business and market information to better drive decisions.
- Understand the currently structure and tools to be able to question the “status quo” and take the next steps
- Learn company culture and people knowledge to effectively approach the opportunities
- Relate with multiple teams to understand the problems of the business.
- Lead a team and managing its resources effectively.
- Have a strong analytical mindset so that they can drive decisions in a fact-based environment.
- Condense complex analysis and technical concepts with clarity and simplicity for business leaders
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Business Analytics, Agribusiness, Accounting, Finance, Economics, etc. or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data science
- Highly proficient in Python, SQL, AWS, Qlikview/Tableau, Business Object, RPA
- Solid technical hands-on skills in machine learning (regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction), deep learning (CNN, RNN/LSTM, GAN), time series data (DeepAR, Prophet), anomaly detection, and statistical algorithms
- Expert in TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit-Learn, etc.
- Strong ability to use logic and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience with agile or other rapid development methods
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude