LINE 3 OPERATOR - DAYS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Monitors equipment, making adjustments to ensure quality and productivity standards are maintained, while minimzing rework and downtime.
- Prepares work area for start-up, changeovers, and shut down (including selecting appropriate programs).
- Maintains records and conducts periodic checks as directed.
- Provides supplies needed for the operation of the machine/line (i.e. film, packaging, PPE, etc.)
- Communicates with team members by notifying maintenance, supervisor/leads, and production associates as needed.
- Understands and can perform duties of their assigned line. Assists team members on the line and helps with rework or training of team members as needed.
- Completes basic PM checklist on equipment.
- Assists with other line equipment, making necessary adjustments as needed.
- Assists in other departments as needed for basic, routine machine operation, and break coverage.
- Clean and organize work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions in English (for record keeping purposes).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situation.
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
- Ability to perform light maintenance on equipment
- Pallet jack license or willingness to acquire one
- Authorized to do LOTO (Lock Out/Tag Out) or willingness to acquire authorization