PLANT INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER
Job Title: PLANT INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
THE PLANT INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER WILL ACT AN OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE SPECIALIST FOCUSING ON THE BELOW ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
the following; other duties as assigned
- Lead assigned facility’s Management Method efforts by functioning as a business partner with each Method Pillar
- Responsible for proactively working with facility management to identify and assess KPI gaps, and lead projects to closure through the use of Operational Excellence tools and methodologies
- Live and reinforce safety as a condition in all activities
- Deliver effective Management Method training
- Demonstrate ownership of core tools
- Writing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- Statistical Process Control
- Root Cause Analysis
- Kaizen Events
- Lead gap-closure projects and owns project success.
- Update and analyze key metrics for the assigned complex or business unit
- Lead self-assessment activities for Management Method.
- Work closely with regional operational excellence specialist on other duties and projects
- Undergraduate degree (engineering, science, or business focus preferred)
- 2 - 5 years manufacturing industry experience
- Background in ZBB or production
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong Excel user
- MiniTab experience preferred
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Good internal relationship skills
- Resilient & Flexible
- Teaching and coaching skills
- Hands-on mentality
- High level of business acumen
- 6 Sigma Green Belt or higher preferred
- Lean Methodology including Waste reduction experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle/feel items, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk or hear.
- Office and plant setting: the plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold (non-weather related), and working near moving mechanical parts
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers. We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.