The Purchasing Superintendent is responsible for locating and maintaining the best sources of supply for the materials and services JBS requires while considering all aspects of supplier relationships including quality, value and the ability to respond quickly to changing supply requirements with the aim to select suppliers that can act as long-term partners in assisting the company meet its growth objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures that procedures for procuring materials and services are communicated to and followed by Expeditors;
- Works within established guidelines, consolidates major purchases to secure the best possible pricing by leverage;
- Negotiates long-term contracts to ensure optimum costs and reliable supply;
- Maintains relationships with vendors and contractors to ensure good, reliable sources of supply and information;
- Ensures thorough and complete tracking and recording of purchase and inventory records to provide accurate accounting of all purchased goods and services;
- May investigate to conclusion all disputed purchases of goods and services for the protection of the company and with fairness to the supplier;
- Guides and trains procurement personnel in purchasing systems and procedures;
- Assists with monitoring inventory and market cost levels to maintain sufficient levels while controlling overheads;
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority;
- May require travel.
- 3-5 years as a Purchasing Supervisor/Manager are preferred; Knowledge and understanding of beef processing industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively before groups, customers and employees;
- Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office; heavily focus on Microsoft Excel
- Must have superior negotiation skills;
- Must be self-motivated to perform simultaneous tasks independently;
- Must be able to meet critical deadlines, prioritize and practice excellent time management skills;
- Knowledge of SAP software is required;
Please click on the link and follow the instruction below:
Click on the JBS “VIEW JOBS” – OPEN POSITIONS
Click on SELECT A LOCATION: PLAINWELL, MI
CLICK ON “SEARCH”
You will find ALL OPENINGS FOR PLAINWELL FACILITY.
Click on the POSITION you want to apply
CLICK ON APPLY