JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for an IT Analyst for JBS that will report to the Corporate Headquarters in Greeley, Colorado.
Under direct supervision and under established IT procedures, assists higher level analysts/managers to develop functional and design specifications, to produce deliverables related to an assigned project(s) in Beef/Pork Plant Systems space. Gather, compile and combines information with regard to technology, business processes and systems. Assists higher level analysts/managers with the design, installation and maintenance of system projects.
Performs the analysis of company functions, processes, and activities to improve software applications for the most effective use of technology to solve business pain points. Serves as a functional liaison between technical IT and non-technical business users in addressing their information needs.
Provides 24-hour support for applications in the Beef/Pork Shop Floor space
- Apply business process expertise and IT system knowledge to solve defined business problems.
- Lead design discussions to drive out and document business requirements.
- Configure IT systems to solve production issues, implement enhancements and prototype new functionality.
- Design, document and perform functional testing – unit, integration, and regression.
- Produce key project deliverable documents including: gap analysis, functional specifications, test plans, process diagrams, project plans, and change management plans.
- Assists with corporate mandated IT related projects and initiatives as assigned. This may include duties such as system/software support, installation, transition, migration, modification, testing, and validation.
- Coordinates project implementation across multiple internal and external departments.
- Provides limited computer/hardware troubleshooting and technical support as required.
- Assures complete resolution for in-depth issues beyond the scope of this position by coordinating through the appropriate department or channel.
- Works actively toward improving technical proficiency through continuing professional development.
- Involves judgment in planning work, assessing results, solving problems, and taking or recommending action
- Train end users and mentor junior team members
Qualifications: (pick applicable)
- 4-year degree in computer information systems and/or supply chain management or equivalent industry experience
- Must have hands-on experience in sql database queries
- Experience with and understanding of IT Change Management processes
- Broad understanding of data warehousing and business intelligence methodologies
- Ability to multi-task and organize multiple assignments independently
- Must be a self-starter who can assume full responsibility of module development activities
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work as a member of an enterprise team with a positive attitude
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision
- Ability to learn in a hands-on environment
- Demonstrates applied analytical problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments
- Ability to build credibility and trust among key project stakeholders.
- Proven skills in business workflow and data workflow management.
- Strong functional and technical writing skills and the ability to present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical.
- Demonstrated expertise with logical process modeling concepts sufficient to aid in the documentation and development of business and system requirements.
- Preferred technical aptitude with successful project management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio flowcharts, Project and SharePoint); (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).