Quality Assurance Technician
Quality Assurance Lab Technician
SUMMARY: Under general supervision performs a variety of routine laboratory operations in a quality assurance or research setting. Duties usually consist of making measurements, performing several routine quantitative and qualitative biological or chemical analytical tests, performing routine calculations and determinations on tests, and evaluating physical characteristics such as permeability, disintegration and crystal growth viscosity. Uses standard laboratory glassware and equipment or one or two complex pieces of equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs laboratory work according to prescribed standards.
- Determines chemical and physical characteristics or composition.
- Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Collects and analyzes samples. Performs laboratory tests according to prescribed standards. Tests for presence and content of elements, substances or impurities. Tests for such qualities as purity, stability, viscosity, density, absorption, burning rate, melting or flash point, etc.
- Tests samples to verify conformity to specifications. Records test results and writes test reports describing procedures used.
- Cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment.
- Prepares graphs and charts.
- Calibrates laboratory instruments.
- Assists with the preparation of chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- May add chemicals or raw materials to process solutions or product batches to correct to establish formulation required to meet specifications.
KNOWLEDE AND SKILLS:
EDUCATION: Typically requires Associate's Degree in related field; however, additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of education requirement.
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
Routine discomforts from exposure to moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness, and unpleasant air conditions. may involve routine exposure to soiled materials and light chemical substances such as cleaning solutions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the daily work being performed by partners assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.