SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
This position based in Greeley, Colorado is a key contributor within the Corporate Internal Audit team in performing audit engagements and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance. Engagements are performed to assess the internal control environment, evaluate compliance with corporate policies and leading industry practices, assess controls over financial reporting, and to identify operational efficiencies. This position will contribute significantly to SOX testing efforts, including documentation of process walkthroughs, internal control testing, and follow up testing of remediated deficiencies for business process controls.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be a key contributor to the on-going success of the SOX program at Pilgrim’s Pride. This includes assisting with scoping, executing walkthroughs and performing testing of key financial reporting and disclosure controls, remediation testing, deficiency analysis and reporting.
- Work closely with SOX business partners, managing cross-functional deliverables and provide status updates and related reporting.
- Work closely with external auditors to align approach to maintain high reliance on Internal Audit’s work.
- Perform risk-based operational and financial audits
- Collaborate with management to develop appropriate action plans, as needed.
- Present audit results to all levels in the organization, as required.
- Follow up with management on previous audit findings to assure action plans have been completed.
- Assist others in the department, as required, to prepare for meetings and presentations, including data gathering and preparation of materials.
- This role is expected to be an individual contributor and a strong team player.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum three-five years’ experience of full-time financial or internal / external auditing through planning audits, conducting audit procedures and preparing audit reports; risk-based auditing experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (Narratives, Risk Matrix, Control Templates, Testing, Certifications, Remediation)
- Good understanding of internal control frameworks (COSO 2013).
- Experience auditing SAP business process controls preferred; SAP GRC exposure a plus.
- Professional Credentials: (Preferred but not required) CPA or CIA a plus
- Excellent oral communication, writing, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain and foster outstanding working relationships with process owners and others within the organization
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team working to accomplish corporate objectives and values
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; can prioritize and recognize when to seek input from line managers, while making decisions that could have long term effects.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.