he Production Supervisor provides departmental direction and support, using coaching, motivation and supervisory techniques, ensures that teams achieve specified levels of performance. The Production Supervisor continuously seeks process improvement through use of analysis of production methods and data as well as application of processing controls. The Production Supervisor is required to coordinate multiple people and processes and integrate process activities in a manner that achieves bottom line success and the mission of Pilgrims. The Production Supervisor oversees safety, quality, training, retention sanitation, budget and productivity for team members under their supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Hires, trains, coaches and motivates team members to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance in their respective positions.
- Plans and schedules manpower, materials, product and machines to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental resources to achieve Pilgrims standards
- Administers company policies and procedures fairly and equitable to maintain standards established for safety, quality, and overall company personnel satisfaction
- Manages team member’s performance, providing positive and/or corrective feedback
- Promotes department and company goodwill through pro-active team member communication and team member involvement
- Investigates, in cooperation with other departments, areas of quality improvement, cost reduction, method improvement, yield control and equipment maintenance and provides suggestions
- Develops and implements goals and objectives and departmental budget, maintaining necessary records to track, monitor and explain any variances from budgeted goals
- Other duties as required by management.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Considerable knowledge of processing operations
- Considerable knowledge of supervisory management practices and principles
- Considerable knowledge of production management practices and principles
- Considerable skill in oral and written communication
- Considerable supervisory skill
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Marked ability to analyze and respond to production issues involving production processes
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.