CASE READY ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Job overview: Case Ready Electro / Mechanical Technician
Summary: Responsible for upkeep and service of equipment in the Ground Beef Department. Perform proactive, preventative, and reactive maintenance on all production equipment as required by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Comply with all established safety, health, environmental and company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Attend training as required by the company.
- Perform system checks of all equipment in accordance with preventative maintenance schedules, protocols and report any issues.
- Identify malfunctioning machines or equipment. Perform regular checks on all Stuffers, checkweigher’s, Labelers, Wrappers and Baggers and others as assigned.
- Perform repairs on all production equipment associated with the Case Ready room,
And as needed in Chub Ground beef room and Bricks room.
- Troubleshoot pneumatic, power fluid, electrical and PLC problems on equipment using appropriate documentation and schematics and make necessary repairs.
- Must provide to both operators and mechanics to ensure correct operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists in machine start-ups.
- Advise management on best practices/optimization
- Must be able to work 4/12 hour days on a 13 week rotation.
- Two years Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field.
- Minimum of two year’s industrial maintenance electric/mechanic experience.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex meat processing equipment
- Ability to read and use electrical, pneumatic, and power fluid schematics in troubleshooting equipment failure
- Demonstrated competency in basic electrical – 24 and 120volt AC and DC circuits