EXPORT BUSINESS MANAGER
Planterra Foods is a fully funded plant-based protein start-up. It’s an investment by the JBS Company, the second largest global food company and the world’s largest protein producer.
We are currently seeking an Export Business Manager based in Lafayette, CO to facilitate our international sales growth. This person will manage the end-to-end export business, from sales generation to compliant product arrival in market. The role requires a leader who can manage projects in a fast-paced, high-growth, quickly-scaling environment.
- Identify sales opportunities, establish relationships, and develop strategic plans with existing and potential customers
- Contact new accounts and leverage network to map opportunities
- Prepare and deliver client proposals, negotiate agreements of sale to close accounts and secure long-term agreements with distributors and general customers
- Work cooperatively across functional areas and Freight Forwarder partners to arrange the necessary export documentation and online forms for the timely, cost-effective and lawful execution of all export activities
- Communicate with export and import related authorities, and Customers, in all relevant countries, as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations.
- Report out sales performance and challenges, participate in strategy and annual planning meetings, including the development of export sales forecast and budget
- Bachelors in Business, Transportation, Logistics or commensurate combination of import/export experience & education.
- Demonstrated negotiation and sales skills, including strategic thinking and key account management.
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Willingness and ability to learn and grasp new ideas both independently and collaboratively
- High levels of initiative, self-motivation and energy with an ability to work well within a growing commercial team
- Ability to partner cross-functionally through strong relationship building and influencing
- Knowledge and experience in PC spreadsheet and database (Microsoft Excel, PPT and Word) applications.