LEAD QA TECHNICIAN
- Ability to work safe and adhere to all company’s safety (human and products safety) rules and regulations
- Assist the Supervisor in day-to-day running of the department
- Be able to learn and perform all routine duties of Ground Beef QA technicians; such as paperwork, reports and record reviews
- Be able to perform all tasks expected of levels I, II and III Quality Assurance technicians in Ground Beef. This includes: Pre-Op inspection, monitoring tasks (CCP, SSOP, SOP) hazard recognition and prevention, quality monitoring etc.)
- Must be able to recognize and correct deviations in ground beef processing.
- Must understand specific quality requirements of ground beef products
- Must be able to perform daily quality and food safety related audits (AQL, Foreign material prevention audit, Products’ quality evaluation etc.)
- Excellent understanding of Ground Beef product flow and process control stages.
- Must be familiar with and demonstrate a limited working knowledge of equipment/machines in ground beef
- Ability to collect and process samples for laboratory testing
- Be able to learn and perform certain tasks in Red Prairie (inventory status change, daily transactions display, generate hold report etc.)
- Ability to perform pre-shipment inspection of finished Ground Beef products, evaluate and scan product back to inventory.
- Assist frontline Supervisor in training and mentoring of new hires (technicians) and other technicians
- Fill in for Supervisor when he/she is absent
- Employee will be expected to fulfill other tasks that are assigned by management (fill-in for absent employees, training and cross-training of employees etc.)
- This position is responsible to work multiple shifts (1st, 2nd &3rd shifts) in both production floor and distribution center
- Be flexible enough to work assigned shifts ( 1st, 2nd or 3rd shifts) as may be needed
- Must be able to generate simple email, excel spreadsheet document and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work under extreme temperature conditions
- Excellent attendance record
- Must be familiar with and/or have a working knowledge of Ground Beef operations (Production, QA & DC inspection activities)
- Be able to work long hours (with some weekends)