BACON PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT 1ST SHIFT
POSITION: Belly Complex Superintendent 1st shift
SALARY CLASS: Exempt
Purpose & Scope: To oversee entire Bacon floor production. Direct supervisors with respect to production volume, quality, cost and meeting production schedules and delivery dates. Train and develop supervisors to provide management depth and develop team work to attain department objectives. Review daily production schedule to plan work and personnel assignments. Monitor and confirm that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained and sanitized. Maintain good employee relations and adherence to labor contract provisions. Other duties as assigned.
- KPI Management: Responsible to oversee department targets and controls. Monitor shift operations and productivity. Maximize the efficiency of the department and ensure Daily Production plan targets available for the Operations team in time for an effective shift start.
- To ensure effective communications at all levels and complete all necessary administrative work. Actively resolve problems that team members raise to you. Provide positive feedback and constructive criticism to help build their confidence and to develop their skills. Responsible for coaching and discipline of team members.
- Food Safety: Ensure compliance with Technical and Quality standards as identified on Product Specifications, to isolate and address any non-conformance’s and monitor measures designed to maintain and improve standards within the Department.
- Process Control: Liaise with the New Product Development department on ‘product trials’ to ensure all appropriate people, equipment and materials are available and that the trial is run effectively and efficiently. To ensure that all material needed for trails and then first production are available as needed and maintained through the life of the product.
- Establish a hand-over with the shift managers and team leads to ensure that all operational requirements are achieved, next steps are reviewed and actions for all meetings completed. To identify and effectively resolve any problems affecting performance within the Department and other departments within influence
- Inventory Management: Maintain the MRP system to ensure raw material, packaging and finished goods stocks are maintained at the necessary levels to ensure positive cash flow and organized in a manor according to food safety and process control procedures. Ensure all material usage is properly reported and documented. Responsible for FIFO, Lot control, storage and transportation of all materials.
- MC Waste Management: Monitor and oversee the material use. Analyze material yield, waste, and unknown loss control programs. Ensure the use of proper material management tools and methods are used daily. Control material usage on a daily basis and review trends.
- Production and maintenance settings
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Slippery floors, cold temperatures, and loud ambient noise
- High School degree or equivalent required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field preferred
Experience: 5 years proven experience Bacon industry preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally in English
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Computer knowledge required
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work 50+ hours
- Good attendance and safety records
- Bi-lingual helpful, but not required.
Internal: Employees on the production line and plant management
External: USDA and Union
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment applying common processes, procedures and equipment. Experience managing in a chilled food manufacturing business required.
- Must have a good understanding of continuous improvement production techniques and use the tools to deliver improved performance.
- Must have a demonstrable record of delivery through being a team player.
Comments: The schedule for this position is typically Mon - Fri. Weekend work required as scheduled. During Fall Season, Saturdays are typically scheduled.
This position is best suited for a person wishing to advance their career.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.