Sales & Operation Plan Manager
Job Title: Sales & Operation Plan Manager
Location: Chicago, IL or Tupelo, MS
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
The S & OP Manager is responsible for overseeing integration of demand management and operational information for all product groups. You are responsible for leading cross-functional business teams in the integration of demand planning and operational information. Your scope includes all aspects of demand planning integration, and working with all facilities so “top to bottom” information matches. You support S & OP plans to deliver on annual, and longer term financial goals.
You have exposure to all functional activities on the business including New Products, Sales, Operations, and Finance, which results in a holistic approach to driving business growth.
- Engage with Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain leaders to evaluate forecasts vs. actual sales (volume, trends, and mix).
- Evaluate forecast variations beyond acceptable levels and use the results of the evaluation to shape future forecasts (volume, trends, and mix).
- Work with Business Unit leaders to determine if material plan should be disconnected from the sales plan to create upside flexibility.
- Consolidation of all plant production information (by SKU) into product groups, categorized by the S & OP
- Engage with Plant Schedulers to confirm feasibility of meeting forecasts or to identify gaps.
- Facilitate discussions between Finance, Operations, Sales, and Marketing to develop mitigation plans for anticipated supply gaps.
- Facilitate all monthly Functional S&OP meetings, including supply and inventory reviews, and the end-of process reviews with organizational executives on sales plans, issues, and mitigating actions.
- Develop new and/or improved tools to ensure timely measurement, reporting, and visibility to Product Supply status to all cross functional stakeholders
- Generation of S & OP reports
- Communicate potential issues to the business and mix opportunities
- Consolidation of demand information (by SKU) into product groups, categorized by the S & OP
- Attending all Consensus Calls
Sales / Forecasting Reviews by Customer with Sales team
Review Promotion volumes against forecast and stocks
- Coordination and integration of all new products, into the S & OP
- Follow monthly, weekly and daily procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Financial Controllers
- Operation, Facility Managers
- Sales & Marketing
- Category Managers
- Site Managers and their Departments
- External consultants
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (Business Logistics, Operational Planning preferred).
- CSCP or APICS certification a plus
- Minimum 4 years Supply Chain & Operations work experience, preferably in food manufacturing industry
- Software skills: SAP IBP experience, MS office with proficiency in Excel and Power Point, forecast modeling tool
- Strong understanding of the purpose of an S&OP process and how it is executed
- Deep understanding of supply chain dynamics in order to expose tradeoffs and options with Sales, Marketing and internal/external supply chain partners to maximize revenue potential.
- Capabilities sufficient to evaluate large amounts of historical data to identify trends, seasonality, and variation that can be used to develop forecasts
- Relationship skills sufficient to develop a network of collaborative colleagues within other organizational areas and at the manufacturing facilities
- Ability to influence organizational executives/peers to commit adequate resources to support the S&OP process and partner with key functional resources to maintain a high level of resource engagement, ensuring effective process execution.
- Communication skills sufficient to coach and help others to connect to the importance of forecast assumptions and how they enable or limit supply chain responsiveness
- Communication and analytical capabilities sufficient to distill large amounts of data and complex factors into language that stakeholders can understand and use to make decisions.
- Prioritization skills sufficient to evaluate large amounts of data and apply appropriate business environment context to select a small number of high priority issues / opportunities that deserve immediate attention or escalation within the organization
- Leadership capabilities sufficient to implement new business processes and standard tools relying on resources that report to other functions.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Demand Management comprehension
- Inventory and Distribution Management experience
- Action oriented
- Drive for Results
- Leadership ability
- Project management skills
- A team player with a positive, can do attitude and agility to flex multiple work streams fluidly
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Corporate working environment.
- Food Manufacturing Operations environment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers or on indeed.com.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled