HUMAN RESOURCES SUPERVISOR
Job Title: Human Resources Supervisor
Location: Swanton, VT
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
The Human Resources Supervisor will lead all Human Resources efforts at the plant level including hiring and recruiting, training and retention, labor and employee relations, public and community relations and employee branding efforts.
Provides facility supervision with advice and counsel on personnel issues.
Administers unemployment claims, attends unemployment hearings.
Ensures regulatory compliance with ADA, FMLA, EEOC, etc. Stays current on recent federal, state and case law changes and monitors labor law updates for changes that affect HR.
Proposes, publishes and administers personnel policies.
Administers all employee relations issues. Processes and implements formal disciplinary action of employees, initiates termination procedures and terminates employees as needed.
- Prepares and maintains records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data. Maintains HRIS integrity.
- Responds to any questions and/or requests by governmental agencies, including employee complaints. Represents the company at hearings.
- Establishes, evaluates and maintains departmental reports and key indicators. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Directs local benefits administration, enrollment and open enrollment meetings.
- Supervises staff of HR employees.
- Responsible for internal company communication, including bulletin boards, company newsletter, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field
- Prior experience in unionized environment
- 2-3 years’ experience in meat processing or other manufacturing setting
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Communication/public relations skills required
- PHR or SPHR preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Corporate working environment.
- Food Manufacturing Environment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.