ASSISTANT PLANT SALES MANAGER
POSITION SUMMARY: Directs the flow of information for sales activities and transactions (leads, billings, orders, contracts). Plans production to ensure that all customer orders are covered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Evaluates data to ensure district/area goals are met.
- Ensures sales objectives are met within company strategies. Maintains coordination with integral company functions.
- Advises dealers, distributors and clients concerning sales, ordering and revisions.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and to assist in promoting sales.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules and discount rates. Develops sales campaigns.
- Recommends product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales lines.
- Acts as liaison between plant sales and other departments.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Coordinates meetings with plant management to plan for production.
- Keeps manager informed of daily activities
- Other duties as required by management.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree required but would consider a combination of education and work experience
- 2 years of related experience is required
- Working knowledge and understanding of finance, budgeting, sales, manufacturing and product development.
- Prior poultry industry experience preferred.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office suite, SAP experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as required.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.