Communication Associate-Somali Language
POSITION SUMMARY: The Team Member Communications Associate facilitates confidential communication with production team members between English and Somali language both on the production floor with work direction and off the floor, for performance reviews, crew meetings, training, translations and delivery of team member programs, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Assist Production Supervisors as requested during operations for communicating work direction and communication on the production floor.
- Assists with team member questions and requests during breaks and shift changes.
- Assists with new team member orientations
- Assists in coordinating interpreter services to meet facility needs
- Assists with team members with community needs and connection with resources.
- Assists with translation of team member materials as needed.
- Assists with coordination of team member processes such as Chicken Sales, Team Member meetings, Team Member Recognition, Community Campaigns, Team Member Activities, etc
- Other duties as required by management and supervisor
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 1 year of previous experience required.
- Bi-Lingual Somali (Read, Write, Speak) fluently
- Intermediate skills and abilities in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions